WE'D RATHER YOU COME IN AND SEE US FOR YOUR STARTING BATTERY NEEDS IF IT IS FOR A CAR, TRUCK, LIGHT COMMERCIAL or BOAT IF POSSIBLE.
Exemption =Motorcycle batteries -buy HERE
We do not have our prices on starting batteries or available to buy online for the following reasons, (please feel free to check other battery retailers, there are very few that offer the buy online website, probably for the same reasons).
1) there are over 800 different sized batteries just for Car starting alone.
2)) there are 5 different battery types as well as over 20 different brands -per battery, just in NZ alone.
3) All starting batteries must be transported by a DG (Dangerous Goods) certified Courier and that costs a lot of money, so again starting batteries are not often advertised as sellers will target there own area.
4) One cannot assume that a client has the correct battery in their vehicle to start with as car importers often have cars that are arriving in NZ with dud or flat batteries so they stick in anything that will fit. Car salesmen (or women) -and no not all of them, chose to put in the smallest battery as the smallest battery costs them less than the right one, and if the new owner of the vehicle does not know it's the wrong battery and has the chance to buy it online without a battery sales person to tell them otherwise, a small battery may cost them plenty more on other failed car parts eg alternator, starter motor as an undersized battery will put these under stress. Or the small battery will need to be replaced every 6 months.
5) Brands manufacturer guides, -each brand of battery and the company responsible for selling them to the retailers will supply application books, in the time I have been involved in batteries I'd say the application guide is only correct 60% of the time, so again -nothing beats seeing the car.
6) Your battery may not be the problem, how would you feel if I sold you a battery for $200 + $50 freight and the car still didn't go, we have free testing on site and we do not sell batteries if they are not required, I can't test your battery or other devices if you are in Napier and I am down here in Wellington (just as an example, I don't know where you are of course). Most local battery retailers for starting batteries can also test the battery. It could very well be just a loose connection!
SO, what I am trying to say is, there is no substitute for taking your battery in to us, if you are local to us (click HERE for our location) If you are not local, go to your Mechanic, Auto Electrician or Local battery stockist so you can make sure you get the right advice and product.
NON LOCALS -this may or may not be helpful to you if it was a Starting battery you were after when you came to our website
BUT I feel we ARE helping you
-making you choose the right decision and get the right advice locally
-encouraging you to shop locally for your starting batteries (for cars, trucks, boats) to make sure it's a battery you actually need.
-helping you to support your local businesses and communities by using the Mechanic, Auto Eelctrician or Battery Stockist nearby.
-we will have saved you money, on freight alone.
-and we can STILL help you look for what we believe is the right battery if you wish
I HOPE THIS MAKES YOU UNDERSTAND